Teeth Cleaning at Seminole, FL
Professional dental cleaning is a preventative measure, performed to thoroughly clean your teeth and gums of plaque and tartar. It is an effective treatment that keeps the teeth and gums in good health, all the while stopping the progression of decay and gum disease.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Cleaning
- Removes plaque and tartar. Receiving a professional dental cleaning from our office will allow us to remove all signs of damaging plaque and tartar from your teeth, reducing your risk for tooth decay.
- Eliminates bad breath. Routine teeth cleanings can eliminate old food particles and bacteria that cause bad breath, resulting in fresher breath.
- Gives you a brighter smile. Dental cleanings often result in the appearance of a healthier and brighter smile, primarily because during the process of cleaning, we are able to remove simple surface stains from the teeth.
Dental Cleaning Procedure
- Dental examination – Before performing a dental cleaning procedure, we will conduct a regular physical exam of your mouth to identify potential dental concerns such as cavities or signs of gum inflammation.
- Dental cleaning – We will use special dental instruments to remove plaque and tartar from the teeth and gum line. We’ll also use floss to remove plaque and tartar in-between teeth. After a thorough cleaning, we will polish and rinse your teeth.
- Fluoride treatment – Following the cleaning procedure, we will apply a fluoride treatment to your teeth. Fluoride is a natural mineral that is used in dentistry to help protect your teeth from decay.