What Makes Invisalign® Unique in Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a treatment field that majors in the realignment of teeth to correct functionality and appearance. It is a restorative procedure that also has cosmetic consequences for patients. The procedure takes advantage of the many innovative devices and applications introduced in the dental world to care for patients’ teeth.
Today, it is no longer about relying wholly on traditional braces to alter the alignment of teeth. In Dental Arts Seminole the popularity of Invisalign® braces is increasing more than ever before.
What Is Invisalign?
They are teeth aligners that work to alter the positioning of teeth by causing them to shift. These teeth aligners are clear in color. This is where they get the name invisible braces. Technically, Invisalign is just a popular brand that offers clear aligners. While there are other brands, Invisalign is the most popular, not to mention, most trusted of all the brands.
Usually, clear aligners are custom-made for individual patient needs. Your orthodontist will take impressions of your teeth. The impressions will be used to come up with clear teeth aligners that suit your dental alignment. They are made in a way to put pressure on teeth, gradually and in a controlled manner.
The most important thing in orthodontic treatment is your treatment plan. The orthodontist in charge of your treatment will first observe and analyze the state of your teeth. Based on the target results, he/she will come up with a treatment plan. The plan often includes the number of teeth aligners you are likely to use within the period. Other than that, it helps foreshadow when your results will be ready.
What Makes Invisalign Different and Unique?
Invisalign teeth cannot be compared to traditional braces. Although their primary goal is similar, that is as far as the similarities go. Most patients that ask to get Invisalign in Seminole, FL, insist on knowing what sets apart these teeth aligners from other types of braces. Some of the unique features of Invisalign include the following:
- They feature a special plastic material – with these invisible braces, do not expect to have metal frameworks and wires all over your teeth. They are made from a special plastic material that can proficiently hold teeth in position and apply the necessary pressure.
- They are clear – unless you stain them, the clear aligners are anonymous. Most celebrities and adults love Invisalign because it means they can still flaunt their teeth even while undergoing the treatment.
- They are removable – with traditional braces, you have to keep them on at all times. This makes it hard to enjoy all the foods of your choice. Invisible braces are removable. Therefore, every time you want to enjoy your favorite foods, you can remove them then put them on back later. However, given that they stain easily, you have to brush your teeth properly before you wear them again.
- You have to wear them most of the time – even while the invisible aligners are removable, the wear time impacts the success of your treatment. Ideally, your orthodontist will recommend between 20-22 hours of wear time every day. This period is necessary for any teeth movements to occur within your treatment plan and period. The clear braces work by exerting controlled pressure on your teeth consistently. Since they are removable, you must remember to wear them back on, for the sake of your results.
- Adjustment means replacing them – you know how other types of braces are adjusted by working on the wires connecting the metal brackets? It is different with Invisalign. Ideally, you will need a replacement of your clear aligners every 6 weeks or so. The first set of aligners is not the one you proceed with throughout your treatment. Once they have done their job of repositioning your teeth to a certain degree and angle, you get a new set of clear aligners. The new set will then be tighter than the previous one, and continue the shift. This process is recurrent until the end of your treatment plan.
Having clear aligners should help you feel more comfortable with orthodontic treatment. Better yet, the anticipation of the results should get you excited about the treatment.