How Long Does Invisalign Take to Straighten Your Teeth?
Invisalign has emerged as a better alternative for traditional orthodontic treatment which has led to increase in its popularity. The Invisalign is clear and nearly invisible and you can remove them.
However, people coming to dentist in 33778 for Invisalign treatment often ask how long will it take for their teeth to get straight? As there’s no exact time frame. In simple cases, the treatment time for the Invisalign clear aligners can be as less as six months. According to dentist in Seminole, usually, the time taken for treatment is anywhere around 12 to 18 months. However, for more complex cases, the duration can be 24 months or longer. Also, some crowding cases can be too severe for the Invisalign to correct and the Orthodontist may suggest traditional braces for teeth straightening.
Why Does the Duration of Treatment Vary?
According to dentist near me, every case is different and only your dentist will be able to tell you the duration of your treatment. The factors affecting the length of time are:
- How much the teeth need to move to achieve the desired orthodontic result.
- The greater the distance your teeth need to move, the longer the treatment will take.
- The speed of tooth movement differs from one person to another.
- It also depends on the complexity of your case.
- It also depends on how committed the patient is in wearing the aligners as the recommended time is 22 hours a day.
When you visit the dentist for your initial consultation, the orthodontist will be able to give an idea of how long the treatment is going to take. If you diligently follow the instructions of the dentist and wear the aligners as directed, the treatment will be completed as estimated by the dentist.
- Invisalign may take 24 months to close a gap between the teeth.
- For crowded teeth, it may take 6 to 12 months.
- It may take a bit longer to move the teeth in adults, but age is no criteria.
- For effective results, Invisalign should be worn for 22 to 23 hours.